Satan-2 Lucifer:" Another Invention At Its Best "!!
In the English version of the Bible the name "Lucifer" appears only one time--in Isaiah 14:12. This reads:
1. "How are you fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning..."
2. "Lucifer" is not an English word, but a Latin word. The question is: who gave the world this Latin name?
3. In A.D. 382 Pope Damascus commissioned the scholar Jerome to make an official revision of the Latin versions of the Bible that were floating around in the Catholic Church. Jerome went off to a cave in Bethlehem where he proceeded to make his translation, supposedly based on the Hebrew text, but in practice based very largely on the Septuagint version (i.e. "LXX") that Origen had produced about 140 years earlier while in Caesarea. (The truth about the LXX is another subject that I will discussed in a separate paper.)
Anyway, by A.D. 405 Jerome had completed his work, which we today know as "The Latin Vulgate" Bible. It is far from an infallibly accurate translation of the original texts. Rather, it is an interpretation of thought put into idiomatic, graceful Latin!
For a thousand years this Translation was without a rival--and herein lies the problem!
4. Jerome had understood that Isaiah 14:12 is talking about Satan. There the Hebrew word "heylel" is used and Jerome translated this into Latin as "lucifer"!
5. The word "Lucifer" comes from 2 Latin words:
Lux (=light) + ferous (=to bear or carry). Thus the name "Lucifer" means:Light-bearer or Light-bringer.
But this is not what the Hebrew word "heylel" means! We'll see later exactly what this word does mean.
6. Anyway, as a result of this Latin Vulgate translation, which was almost the only version of the Bible in use throughout Europe for the next 1000 years, Satan popularly became known as Lucifer. It should be self-evident that when the first people who translated the Bible into English came along, one of their paradigms was that the name "Lucifer" applied to Satan. When they came to translate Isaiah 14:12 into English, they decided that rather than actually "translate" the word "Heylel," they would simply substitute it with the already well-known (originally) Latin name "Lucifer." And they could do this because on the surface this seems to be a reasonably accurate translation. But it isn't really!
7. I mentioned earlier that the word "Lucifer" appears only once in the English versions of the Bible. But in the Latin Vulgate translation(From which English Bible is translated) of Jerome it appears twice! That's right, twice! Where else is this word used and who does it refer to? Jerome certainly knew who it refers to. This knowledge also casts a dark cloud over his intentional use in Isaiah 14:12!
8. 2 Peter 1:19 reads : "...until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts." this is another mistranslation!!!
The two words "day star" are a translation of the one Greek word "phosphoros." This comes from the two Greek words:
Phos (=light) + phero (=to bear or carry). Thus the Greek word "phosphoros" means Light-bearer or Light-bringer.
Anyone who knows both, Greek and Latin, can verify that the Greek word "Phosphoros" and the Latin word "Lucifer" are absolutely, one hundred percent identical in meaning. "Lucifer" is the perfect translation into Latin of the Greek word "Phosphoros."
9. Now let's note the dishonesty, first of the English translators and then of Jerome--
All of the English translators of the Bible know very well that the word "Phosphoros" in 2 Peter 1:19 can be perfectly accurately translated by the word "Lucifer." Instead they have chosen to deliberately ignore this fact and Delibrately chose to write “day Star”. Why?
They knew very well that 2 Peter 1:19 refers without doubt to Jesus Christ. This verse calls Jesus Christ "Phosphoros" (in Greek) or "Lucifer" (in Latin). Yet the translators have hidden this fact behind the words "day star." To translate "phosphoros" as "day star" instead of “LIGHT BEARER” is plain dishonesty!!!
10. Now let's look at Jerome. The phrases quoted under point #8 above are translated by Jerome into Latin as follows:
"...donec dies elucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris."
Notice that Jerome correctly translated the Greek "phosphoros" into the Latin word "lucifer." Jerome obviously knew that this verse refers to Jesus Christ--yet he wrote "lucifer" with a small "l" and did not capitalize the word. He also knew that he had translated the word "phosphoros" perfectly into Latin.
Jerome knew that in the New Testament "Lucifer" is a title for Jesus Christ; yet he still chose to also translate the less- clearly defined Hebrew word "Heylel" in Isaiah 14:12 as "Lucifer," knowing that this word referred to Satan. So with Jerome Satan gets a name that refers to Christ with a capital letter--and Christ gets His own name only with a small letter.
But the Fraud of christianity cannot be conceiled so easily because anyone who reads the bible carefully and checks historical facts can quickly cut through lies using Logic and reasoning because more problems are in store for crazy Televengalists and conversion propaganda missioneries. Read on!!!!
Christianity argues “that Isaiah's mention of the fallen ‘morning star’ refers to Satan's ultimate demise at the end of time when Satan will finally be cast into a lake of fire as articulated in the twentieth chapter of the Book of Revelation.”
However, if you read the fourteenth chapter of Isaiah it will quickly become apparent that the “morning star” (“Heylel” in Hebrew) is referring to Nebuchadnezzar.
Isaiah 14:4: And you shall bear this parable against the king of Babylon, and you shall say, "How has the dominator ceased, has ceased the haughty one!
Isaiah 14:5The Lord hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the scepter of the rulers.
Thus, on reading the whole chapter one can ascertain that Chapter 14 is about Babylonian captivity and eventual freedom of Israel from Babylonian Kings.
NOTE: A systematic Analysis and Synthesis and breakage of chapter 14 is given as Follows:
1. Isaiah 14:1-2 is telling about God Onces again promising Israel to give safe Passage From Babylon to their Home Land.
2. Isaiah 14:3-11 is telling the consequence and circumstances of Babylon(IRAQ) under which Israel shall be Freed.
3. Isaiah 14:12-22 God directly confronting Babylonian King of his consequence.
Quickly notice how verse 5 and 6 are finding repetition in verse 12:
Isaiah 14:12”O, Lucifer, son of morning! How art thou cut down to ground, which didst weaken the nations!”
Isaiah14:5 “The Lord hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the scepter of the rulers”.
Isaiah 14:6 “ He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke , he that ruled the nations in anger , is persecuted , and none hindereth”.
Also if you read the Isaiah 14:20 you shall find that it’s a clear talking about a King who persecuted its own people.And obviously satan doesn’t have its own people and Nation.
Isaiah 14:20 “ Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial , because thou hast destroyed thy Land , and slain thy People: Seed of evildoers shall never be renowned”.
Judaism firmly believes that HaSatan is nothing more than an accusing angel that resides in the heavenly court. HaSatan is not a fallen angel and is not evil incarnate.
Also it’s quite typical of Missioneries and Conversion Propaganda People to take verses out of context, in Isolation, and forcibly try to Justify their Fancy & fairytale rather than reading whole chapter thoroughly.
Now let's look at the Hebrew word "heylel"--
It is used only once in the Bible, in Isaiah 14:12. That does not give us any further insight. But "Heylel" is derived from the primitive root word "halal" It is this word that gives us understanding of what "Heylel" really means. I might add here that this is also the only way that Jerome and the English translators could come to an understanding of what "Heylel" means--by clearly understanding the meaning of the word that "Heylel" is derived from, since it is only used one single time.
"Halal" is used 165 times in the Old Testament and it is translated as follows in the KJV:
117 times = Praise
14 times = Glory
10 times = Boast
8 times = Mad
3 times = Shine(d)
3 times = Foolish
2 times = Fools
2 times = Rage
1 time = Celebrate
1 time = Give
1 time = Marriage
1 time = Renowned
It should be very clear by now that "Heylel" has nothing to do with the words "Star" or "Day" or "Morning" or "Bringing" or "Carrying." Notice also that he is "the son of the morning" (Isaiah 14:12) while Christ is the Morning Star and it is Latter one who created Satan as Former can take birth out of Latter ,only .. Once you get rid of the old paradigm that "Lucifer is a name that used to refer to Satan" and grasp that the Bible identifies Christ as "Lucifer" (or "Phosphoros" in Greek), the Light-bringer, then you'll be surprised how many scriptures literally flood into your mind in support of this, you can easily very Geek Version of Septuagint:
· •John 8:12 = "I am the light of the world..."
· •John 3:19 = "...that light is come into the world..."
· •John 1:4 - 8 = "...in Him was...the light of men..."
· •John 12:36 = "...believe in the light..." etc.
Satan's universal ("catholic") church gave Satan one of Christ's names by means of a mistranslation from the Hebrew into Latin. Jerome was clearly working for Satan when he converted the Greek word "Phosphoros," used in 2 Peter 1:19 for Jesus.
You think I'm making it up? The great patron of the Church Fathers, the Catholic Church, even admits this fraud. They do it quite eloquently in the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia :
“The name Lucifer originally denotes the planet Venus, emphasizing its brilliance. The Vulgate employs the word also for
1. "the light of the morning" (Job 11:17),
2. "the signs of the zodiac" (Job 38:32),
3. "the aurora" (Psalm 109:3). Metaphorically, the word is applied to the King of Babylon (Isaiah 14:12) as preeminent among the princes of his time;
4. To the high priest Simon son of Onias (Ecclesiasticus 50:6),
5. For his surpassing virtue, to the glory of heaven (Apocalypse 2:28), by reason of its excellency;
6. Finally to Jesus Christ himself (2 Peter 1:19).
Most of the Christians would make excuses like -:
1. “They never read bible thoroughly from beigning to end”.
Thats disgusting and equally shameful as they are Christian from childhood and yet dare to speak that thereby bring dishouner for their own community.
2. “ They don’t have read bible in original”.